Board of Education meetings are the second Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the District Office Board Room, located at 15020 Metcalf Ave., Overland Park, KS 66283. Other meetings may be called as needed.
Employees and citizens are invited to join the board for "Coffee and Conversation" beginning at 6:50 p.m. Also, the board has scheduled an Open Forum before its meetings so that patrons and concerned citizens may present their views to the board. Petitions, information, or questions may be presented at that time.
Agendas for the board meetings are prepared in advance by the president and the superintendent. Copies of the agenda are available at the back of the room. An agenda for the upcoming board meeting will be made available online approximately one week before the meeting.
Once a formal motion is made, seconded and carried (with the reason for such a meeting stated), the board may recess to Executive Session for discussion. However, open meetings will not be adjourned until after the Executive Session. Topics to be discussed in Executive Session are limited to such matters as personnel, real estate acquisition, security, or consultation with attorneys.
Although the board encourages public involvement and will listen to patrons' views on school district matters, patrons are asked to first go through regular school district channels.
Personnel comments are not appropriate topics for Open Forum. Personnel concerns should be addressed in writing to the Board of Education President.
If you wish to address the Board of Education during Open Forum, please:
- Complete a form before the meeting begins. Forms are available at the Information Table.
- Give your form to the clerk before the meeting begins.
- When you are called upon, use the microphone at the front of the room.
- Introduce yourself by stating your name, address and any organization you may be representing.
- Be brief in your remarks and avoid repeating the views of the previous speakers.
- If you are using a prepared statement, please provide copies for the clerk and the board members.
- A maximum of 15 minutes may be allowed for Open Forum.
A time limit may be imposed for each individual or group representing an organization or point of view.