The Blue Valley Gifted Education Program will provide a rich array of gifted education services and opportunities for students identified as gifted by meeting the following objectives.
- provide opportunities for students to pursue individual interests and develop talents;
- provide for the cognitive and academic development through challenging learning experiences;
- provide support for the social and emotional needs of gifted students.
The Blue Valley Gifted Education teachers will serve as a resource for general education teachers in meeting the needs of gifted students through the following objectives.
- provide staff development and training in differentiation strategies for general education teachers;
- provide training for staff about the benefits and limitations of the characteristics of gifted students;
- provide training for staff about the educational needs of gifted students within the general education curriculum;
- collaborate with general education teachers in order to meet the cognitive, academic, social, and emotional needs of gifted students;
- communicate with parents of gifted students to provide individualized assistance and information about the gifted education program.