Classroom Management Ideas:
1. Determine preferred location of the devices when not in use.
2. Show students how to appropriately access the Wi-Fi in the building. See your Library Media Specialist or Tech Integration Specialist for details.
3. Be specific how you would like work submitted from a mobile device.
4. Share your expectations with parents and students including the Acceptable Use Policy.
5. Show examples of proper online behavior. Discuss consequences for not following the policies.
Using Evernote, set up an account. Place notes and recordings to share with students. Students can then study using Evernote from their devices and provide feedback.
Set up a short quiz using Socrative eClicker. See the Guide for more information.
Create and print QR Codes (Quick Response Code that looks like a matrix barcode) for an assignment scavenger hunt. Click here for a QR Code Creator. Students use their mobile devices to scan the code to retrieve information.
With many lessons and assignments conducted online, students can turn in assignments in a variety of ways. Determine a method you prefer to create consistency and easy management.
*Edmodo: Once you set up your Edmodo account and your classes, students can submit work to you. You can provide feedback as well through Edmodo. Contact Jodie Johnston to set up an account.
*Google Form: Set up a Google Form and students can submit assignments to you. The information will appear in a spreadsheet. Example