Dear Third Grade Parents,
This year at Overland Trail Elementary has been exciting. The children have made tremendous gains both socially and academically. We greatly appreciate the time you have spent working on multiplication facts and various homework assignments.
Many parents have asked what they can do this summer to help prepare their student for fourth grade. Below you will find some suggestions.
- Review the basic math facts (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
- Visit the library and encourage recreational reading.
- Keep a dictionary handy and look up a new word each week.
- Write friendly letters to friends, relatives, or teachers.
- Grow a plant and care for it.
You will also find some fun summer reading and writing practice at the bottom of this page. We hope you and your family have a wonderful summer vacation!
Third Grade Team