1) Our goal is to provide a great environment in which young men can develop themselves socially, academically, and athletically.
2) As coaches, we should be the kind of coach we would want our sons or daughters to play for.
3) We must never lose sight of the fact that basketball is a game and it should be fun.
4) Because basketball is a great teaching situation, we must use this opportunity to educate the young men on our teams. We must prepare them for the many decisions they will be making that will have long-range effects on the quality of their lives.
5) This is the bottom line: Are we doing all we can to make our players’ sport experience as rewarding as possible?