BACK TO SCHOOL
Kindergarten 2021-2022 Pre-Registration
We are excited to welcome your new kindergarten student for the 2021-22 school year.
Please review/complete the steps below. Regardless of your child's learning mode (VirtualED or In-Person), your timely registration will ensure our team is prepared. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to our office staff at 913-239-7000 or email@example.com
Step 1: Please watch our principal welcome video.
Step 2: Do you have questions about kindergarten programs in Blue Valley? (Click on the links below)
- What do kindergarten students experience during a typical day?
- What opportunities are provided within Virtual Education?
- How can I learn about the Chinese immersion option?
Step 3: Is there another language spoken in your home?
If so, please complete this form. Otherwise, move to step 4.
Step 4: How do I register my child?
To begin the registration process for the 2021-22 school year, simply go to www.bluevalleyk12.org/registration and click New Student Registration in the Useful Links.
Families new to Blue Valley will be asked to create an online parent account. Online registration will take approximately 20 minutes to complete and it is an important step in getting your student started for kindergarten!
During the elementary registration process, you will be asked to select the 2021-22 instructional setting for your kindergarten child (in-person or virtual). You will be asked to pay fees later this spring.
Please note: if your child is currently enrolled in the Blue Valley early childhood program, you will not complete online registration at this time. Families transitioning from early childhood to kindergarten will have an opportunity to verify the information and complete the registration process later this spring.
To make Blue Valley's Online Registration process smooth and convenient, please have the following information available:
- Student proof of identity (birth certificate, passport or VISA)
- Emergency contact name(s) and phone numbers(s)
- Doctor, dentist and preferred hospital contact info
- Immunization record and health assessment (physical)
- Proof of residency (purchase contract, lease or current utility bill)
- Custodial documentation (if applicable)
- Previous school records and contact info.
- IEP or 504 Plan (if applicable)
Tip: As soon as your child's registration is complete, you will periodically receive school communication items that will help welcome you and your family into the school community.
If you have any questions, please call the OTE Office at 913-239-7000 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
**You will receive an email from the school in late March with your child's assigned Kindergarten Round-Up time listed. If you have not received an email by April 1st, please contact the school office @ 913-239-7000.
Important Dates for Kindergarten Families
- Kindergarten Online Registration Begins l Monday, February 22
- Kindergarten Round-Up: Student Sessions l Friday, April 9 (45-minute sessions)
- Kindergarten Orientation l Wednesday, August 18
- First full day of school for Kindergarten l Thursday, August 19
REGISTRATION for RETURNING students is required every year and includes reviewing/updating your child’s information (phone, email, emergency contacts, health information, etc.), as well as payment of fees. Online registration opens mid-April for the 2021-22 school year through your ParentVue account.
Questions about online registration? - contact the OTE office at email@example.com