Miss Claiborne's Class News
October 8, 2010
- Conference times came home on Friday. Please make sure the times work with your schedule and return the signed forms as soon as possible. I would like to have all of the forms returned by Thursday, October 14th.
- Mrs. Barnes, our art teacher, is in need of shoulder pads for a 5th grade monster project . If you have any extra shoulder pads at home, please send them to the art room!
- If your child is interested in running the KC Kids Marathon on October 16, please go to the Cedar Hills website and look up Coach Miller's webpage. Saturday, October 9, is the last day for kids to register online for the KC Kids Marathon. See Coach Miller's website for specific instructions on how to register. You will receive an email from Coach Miller next week about how to pick up race packet material before the event.
- United Way Drive Campaign Have a wonderful weekend!!
Cedar Hills will be joining other metro agencies in supporting the United Way Drive. During the week of October 11, we invite your family to make a contribution. You can simply send cash/coins or write a check made payable to United Way. We have set our goal of 100% participation. Regardless of the amount you donate, you will make a difference for others. As an extra bonus we will have several student spirit days to add to the fun.
Monday: CHE spirit wear or colors of green and blue
Tuesday: Crazy Sock day
Wednesday: Hat Day
Thursday: Show your team spirit - wear your favorite team shirt, jersey or colors
- Study Island usernames and passwords came home this week along with an information sheet. All current math and reading indicators are uploaded on the website if your child would like to start practicing at home. These are not required homework assignments YET, but please be watching the planners during the next few weeks as we will begin to assign indicators to be completed at home.
- We do not have School next Friday, October 15th.
- Thursday, October 21st, the fifth graders will be going to Pleasant Ridge to watch the 6th grade musical, Guys and Dolls. The play begins at 9:00am, so we will go over at the beginning of the school day. The play normally lasts around 2 hour
- The After School Study Club begins on Wednesday, Sept. 29th.It will be held each Wednesday in the library. This program is sponsored by the CHE PTO. It is a great opportunity for students to have help with homework and enjoy extra learning time after school.
- A note about homework: All homework will be posted on Mondays and due on Fridays. We would prefer for you to print out the homework at home. If you do not have a printer (or your printer runs out of ink :-) ), please let me know. I can print off some homework pages at school as they are needed.