To complete his/her graduation requirements, each student will need the following elective credits:
Health and Wellness
Computer Technology Course
Click on the attachment link (below) for a list of all courses fulfilling the technology credit(s)
Click on the attachment link (below)for a list of all courses fullfiling the Fine Arts credit(s)
7 1/2 credits
Many of these credits will come from the following departments:
- World Languages: French, German, Latin, and Spanish are available at Blue Valley High School. Mandarin Chinese is available through the KU Edwards campus.
- Visual Arts: 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional art courses
- Performing Arts: Drama, choir, band, orchestra, speech, debate, forensics, journalism, yearbook and broadcast technology
- Career and Technical Education (CTE): includes all Business, Family and Consumer Sciences and Industrial Technology classes
- Physical Education: Selections in general education; lifetime fitness; aquatics as well as weights and conditioning.
- Other: Cheerleading, drill team, teacher/office/counselor's aide, peer tutoring, CDOP (Career Development Opportunity Program) and other specially designed instruction for students with special learning needs including learning center, gifted and selected center-based programs
- Johnson County Technical Education Partnership: Certain classes may be available through this partnership. See the "Course Description Guide" for additional details or contact the counseling department.
- See also: Special programs offered through the district including the Center for Advanced Professional Studies and virtual classes.
Select a department from the menu on the left or Special Programs above to learn more about many of the classes offered.