Parent Message from Dr. K 11.06.20
Hello Morse Families!
Here are a few reminders about what is coming up at Morse!
End of Quarter Information - Viewing Canvas Courses and First Quarter Grades
At the end of each quarter, courses in Canvas will conclude and will no longer be visible on the Canvas app and website. Courses for this year’s first quarter will conclude on November 5th at 11:59pm. Report cards will be generated and families will be able to view first-quarter grades on ParentVUE at the end of the day on November 13th.
How do I view my child’s report card?
- Log in on ParentVue.
- Select your elementary student’s name
- In the left navigation bar, choose Report Card
If you have questions about Standards Based Grading as you view your child’s report card, please review the information found on the Elementary Report Card resource page. Each new quarter, classroom teachers will publish their next quarter Canvas course. As courses are published, students and families will again be able to see current courses on the Canvas app and Canvas website. For Canvas parent resources, visit www.bluevalleyk12.org/canvas.
The Book Fair Is Happening Now!!!!
The Follett Book Fair is virtual this year! The dates are Nov 2-13!! Please consider purchasing books for your child while supporting our PTO and library!
The Book Fair website is: https://efairs.follettbookfairs.com/guest/home?classCode=Z7D13
(Note: If your student is a virtual student with a teacher who is not at Morse, please put in our librarian’s name, Kate Pommerenke for delivery, then they will be able to pick it up at a materials pickup day!)
Make your selection for second-semester learning mode today!
Families and students have the opportunity to make a learning mode selection for the second semester through Nov. 16. Before making a selection, families are encouraged to learn more about the two learning modes, the process to make your selection and the adjustments to the VirtualED option.
- There continue to be two choices of learning mode--in-person and all-virtual. How students attend school in the in-person mode depends on the activity of the COVID-19 virus and may include the full in-person, hybrid or distance learning formats. More information about in-person and all-virtual learning is available online.
- ALL kindergarten through 12th grade students will need to select a learning mode for the second semester, regardless of the desire to change modes.
- Families will have one window to make their second-semester selection. This window ends Monday, Nov. 16. Make your selection online today!
- There will be some adjustments made to the all-virtual option, VirtualED. These changes are based on feedback from various stakeholder groups from the first semester. Review a description of VirtualED and changes for the second semester on the VirtualED web page.
- For more detailed information, go to the Second Semester Learning Mode Selection web page.
School Picture Day Information
- In Person picture day will be Tuesday, DECEMBER 1ST at Morse.
- Virtual picture day is Monday, NOVEMBER 23rdat Hilltop Conference Center
Morse students time is 5pm-8pm
(Notes: The entrance is near the rear at the door labeled 7710.)
The online ordering information for Morse Elementary Virtual Students only for 11/23:
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- Nov 2-13 Virtual Book Fair (NOW!!)
- Nov 6 No School-End of 1st Qtr
- Nov 9 No School-Professional Development
- Nov 23 Virtual Student Pictures- see info above
- Nov 25-27 Thanksgiving Break
- Dec 1 In Person School Pictures
- Dec 23-Jan 1 Winter Break
Have a great weekend!