Parent Message from Dr. K 11.13.20
Hello Morse Families!
Here are a few reminders about what is coming up at Morse!
Make your selection for second-semester learning mode by Nov. 16
Please remember to complete the Learning Mode Choice form (a link was sent to you by the district in a November 5th email, or see below) on each of your children by the end of the day Monday, the 16th. We need a choice for every student, regardless of whether you are requesting a change or not. Accurate numbers will help Morse efficiently plan for second semester. Thank You!
Second-semester learning mode selection is open through Nov. 16. Before making a selection, families are encouraged to learn more about the two learning modes, the process to make a selection and the adjustments to the VirtualED option.
- There continue to be two choices of learning mode--in-person and all-virtual. How students attend school in the in-person mode depends on the activity of the COVID-19 virus and may include the full in-person, hybrid or distance learning formats. More information about in-person and all-virtual learning is available online.
- ALL kindergarten through 12th grade students will need to select a learning mode for the second semester, regardless of the desire to change modes.
- Families will have one window to make their second-semester selection. This window ends Monday, Nov. 16. Make your selection online today!
- There will be some adjustments made to the all-virtual option, VirtualED. These changes are based on feedback from various stakeholder groups from the first semester. Review a description of VirtualED and changes for the second semester on the VirtualED web page.
- Check out the latest episode of BV unmuted, where Superintendent Dr. Tonya Merrigan joins Director of Curriculum, Instruction and Innovation Kelly Ott to inform families about the learning mode choices available, changes being made for the second semester, and why the Nov. 16 deadline for selection is important.
- For more detailed information, go to the Second Semester Learning Mode Selection web page.
Changes in Student Dismissal:
We know there are times when a change is necessary in how your child might go home on a given school day. So we are certain that we are aware of such a change, we ask that you send an email to your child’s teacher and cc both of our office assistants (email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org), or call the office. Your child’s safety is our #1 priority, and we believe this process helps us avoid mistakes. Thank you for your help!
Attached is the Home & School Newsletter for November! Please take the time to read it as there is a lot of good information in there for parents and students!
We Marksmen have an opportunity make the season brighter for several Morse families in need this holiday season. As usual we will be placing bulletin boards which will have a gingerbread houses and gingerbread children on them around the school again this year. The gingerbread children will have one item written on them of a need or want the families have suggested. Some of the items will be clothing, coats, personal care items, as well as games, toys, books and even gift cards for gas and groceries. Gift cards may seem less personal to donate; however, it provides the gift of dignity for someone to be able to shop for their own gifts to give. There will be more information coming home on this soon! Please contact Mrs. Mulholland, email@example.com, 913-239-6817 if your family needs support. All requests and communications are confidential.
Notes From the Nurse:
- Please wash reusable masks frequently (daily washing is recommended by the CDC)
- Please send an extra mask with your student in their backpack
- Please send a water bottle every day - students need to by hydrated to stay healthy
Thanksgiving safety reminders:
Children’s Mercy has created reminders and things to consider about extended family gatherings as we head into the holiday season. Click this link to learn more about Celebrating the Holidays During COVID-19
- Wear masks and physically distance.
- Be vigilant about good hand hygiene.
- Take your gathering outside.
- Limit the duration of your celebration.
- Limit the number of people.
- Be careful with food preparation.
- Monitor behaviors leading up to the holidays.
School Picture Day Information
- In Person picture day will be Tuesday, DECEMBER 1ST at Morse.
- Virtual picture day is Monday, NOVEMBER 23rdat Hilltop Conference Center
Morse students time is 5pm-8pm
(Notes: The entrance is near the rear at the door labeled 7710.)
The online ordering information for Morse Elementary Virtual Students only for 11/23:
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- Nov 23 Virtual Student Pictures- see info above
- Nov 25-27 Thanksgiving Break
- Dec 1 In Person School Pictures
- Dec 23-Jan 1 Winter Break
- Jan 4 Students/Staff return
- Jan 18 No School-MLK Holiday
- Jan 27 Picture Retake Day
Have a great weekend!