Parent Message from Dr. K 12.04.20
Hello Morse Families!
Here are a few reminders about what is coming up at Morse!
Have you checked out the latest rankings from Niche, an education review and data analytics website, recently released its 2021 Best Schools in Kansas list, which is based on U.S. Department of Education Data, along with “millions of reviews from students and parents,” according to the site.
Public schools were ranked based on the following factors: academics, culture and diversity, parent and student surveys, teachers, clubs and activities, sports, resources and facilities, and health and safety.
A comprehensive list of the state’s best elementary, middle and high schools can be found on Niche’s website here.
BVEF Surprise Squad Awards Morse Elementary!
As we are well aware, so many traditions have been hard to uphold this year, but BVEF’s Surprise Squad found a way to make this event happen… with a twist!
Instead of visiting each school in person to hand out teacher and building grants, on Wednesday, December 2, 2020, the Blue Valley Educational Foundation invited representatives from Morse to celebrate at Hilltop Conference Center and our administration received a check for $2,000!
This year, BVEF is funding $178,000 on building and program grants, suicide prevention programs for middle and high schools and supporting a Career Tech Ed partnership for our students with JCCC. They have funded more than $6.2 million over the last 30 years.
Our building grant will be used to fund Sensory items and activities.
“This is one of the best days to be an educator in the Blue Valley district,” says Dr. Kokoruda. “We couldn’t continue to be on the forefront of education without support from BVEF and I’m so grateful that they found a way to continue to support our Morse students and teachers even though they couldn’t visit our school.”
In addition to our grant funding, Morse also received a beautiful, matted print of a painting by BV alum, and world-renowned artist, Jeff Hanson, which we will proudly display for everyone in the building to enjoy!
To see all the special moments captured on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, visit #BVEFGrants and the BVEF website at www.Fundbv.org.
Notes From the Nurse:
- Remember to wash cloth masks daily and send an extra in backpack.
- Ensure masks still fit properly as they have been worn a lot. At this point some are getting stretched out, please ensure a proper fit over nose and mouth.
- Double up gators. One layer is not enough protection.
- Send a clean water bottle daily.
- Report quarantines and Covid exposures to the nurse.
- Have your child check the lost and found for missing items.
- Make sure they are appropriately dressed for outdoor recess.
Check my counselors page for a copy of the “December Home & School Connection”. Please read it as it is full of useful information!
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- Dec 9 Virtual supply pickup 2:00-2:45pm
- Dec 23-Jan 1 Winter Break
- Jan 4 Students/Staff return
- Jan 18 No School-MLK Holiday
- Jan 27 Picture Retake Day
- Feb 15 No School-Presidents Day
- Feb 25 No School-conferences
- Feb 26 No School
Have a great weekend!!