Parent Message from Dr. K 12.11.20
Hello Morse Families!
Here are a few reminders about what is coming up at Morse!
Hello Morse families,
I wanted to make you aware that we will be administering Winter MAP tests year to measure the current instructional levels of our students. All students will test through the same mode that they tested in the Fall, which means that families of Virtual 2nd graders will receive more communication from the Virtual Teacher as the testing window nears.
Data obtained through this particular instance of MAP testing will measure student progress on specific standards and will provide us with information and insight that allow us to better support your student.
This year’s Winter testing window is January 25th to February 12th, as we want students to test with their 2nd semester teachers. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Notes From the Nurse:
- Remember to wash cloth masks daily and send an extra in backpack.
- Ensure masks still fit properly as they have been worn a lot. At this point some are getting stretched out, please ensure a proper fit over nose and mouth.
- Double up gators. One layer is not enough protection.
- Send a clean water bottle daily.
- Report quarantines and Covid exposures to the nurse.
- Have your child check the lost and found for missing items.
- Make sure they are appropriately dressed for outdoor recess.
You should have gotten a permission slip for the Gingerbread donations. Please make sure to fill that out and return it so your child can participate! Gingerbread choices are up in 3 places in the building and I will help them locate one! Thank you in advance for all your generosity!
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- Dec 23-Jan 1 Winter Break
- Jan 4 Students/Staff return
- Jan 15 No School-Professional Learning
- Jan 18 No School-MLK Holiday
- Jan 27 Picture Retake Day
- Feb 15 No School-Presidents Day
- Feb 25 No School-conferences
- Feb 26 No School
Have a great weekend!!