BACK TO SCHOOL
Registration is required every year and includes reviewing/updating your child’s information (phone, email, emergency contacts, health information, etc.), as well as payment of fees. Online registration is available through ParentVUE.
Spread the word! It’s time to register for kindergarten 2021-2022!
We are so excited for incoming students to begin the kindergarten journey at Prairie Star Elementary School!
We encourage new families and families who may have questions about kindergarten to look for a video with a welcome to PSE on February 22nd.
Please click on this link to pre-register: https://forms.gle/9VGStQfPEYo5ie8D9
Step 1: Please watch this principal welcome video.
Step 2: Do you have questions about kindergarten programs in Blue Valley? (Click on the blue links below)
- What do kindergarten students experience during a typical day?
- What opportunities are provided within Virtual Education?
- How can I learn about the Chinese immersion option?
Step 3: Is there another language spoken in your home?
If so, please complete this form. Otherwise, move to step 4.
Step 4: How do I register my child?
To begin the registration process for the 2021-22 school year, simply go to www.bluevalleyk12.org/registration and click New Student Registration in the Useful Links. Families new to Blue Valley will be asked to create an online parent account. Online registration will take approximately 20 minutes to complete and it is an important step in getting your student started with kindergarten! During the elementary registration process, you will be asked to select the 2021-22 instructional setting for your kindergarten child (in-person or virtual). You will be asked to pay fees later this spring.
Please note: if your child is currently enrolled in the Blue Valley early childhood program, you will not complete online registration at this time. Families transitioning from early childhood to kindergarten will have an opportunity to verify the information and complete the registration process later this spring.
To make Blue Valley’s Online Registration process smooth and convenient, please have the following information available:
- Student proof of identity (birth certificate, passport or VISA)
- Emergency contact name(s) and phone number(s)
- Doctor, dentist and preferred hospital contact info
- Immunization record and health assessment (physical)
- Proof of residency (purchase contract, lease or current utility bill)
- Custodial documentation (if applicable)
- Previous school records and contact info
- IEP or 504 Plan (if applicable)
Tip: As soon as your child’s registration is complete, you will begin receiving all-school communication items that will help welcome you and your family into the school community.
If you have any questions, please call the PSE Elementary Office at 913-239-7100
Important Dates for Kindergarten Families
- Kindergarten Online Registration Begins | Monday, February 22
- Kindergarten Round-Up: Parent Zoom | Thursday, April 8
- Kindergarten Round-Up: Student Sessions | Friday, April 9
- Kindergarten Orientation | Wednesday, August 18
- First full day of school for Kindergarten | Thursday, August 19