COMMUNICATIONS BOARD ADVISORY COMMITTEE
ABOUT THE COMMITTEE
The goal of the Board of Education Communications Committee is to promote a more robust dialogue between the Board and the community by learning about and providing feedback on the different ways the Board engages and communicates with the community.
- Suggest topics for discussion to develop a better understanding of the goals and objectives of the district’s strategic plan.
- Learn about existing communication and engagement tools and strategies available to increase Board communication and engagement with the community.
- Learn about and provide feedback on the District Communication Plan and other major communication initiatives.
- Raise questions about and discuss topics of interest in the community that improve opportunities for Board communication and engagement.
- Be a trusted resource for recognizing areas of resistance that may be a barrier to improving Board engagement and communication.
Members of Board Advisory Committees should conduct themselves in a manner that elevates public discourse and demonstrates good judgment and decorum. Spirited discussion and debate are encouraged. Where there is disagreement, the expectation is that such disagreement is expressed civilly and with respect for other perspectives. Advisory Committee members shall demonstrate respect and civility toward individual District staff members, Board members, or other Advisory Committee members, whether in public meetings or via social media outlets. It is up to each member to maintain a professional and productive environment.