COMMUNICATIONS BOARD ADVISORY COMMITTEE
ABOUT THE COMMITTEE
The goal of the Board of Education Communications Committee is to promote a more robust dialogue between the board and community by learning about and providing feedback on the different ways the board engages and communicates with the community.
- Suggest topics for discussion to develop a better understanding of the goals and objectives of the district’s strategic plan.
- Learn about existing communication and engagement tools and strategies available to increase board communication and engagement with the community.
- Learn about and provide feedback on the District Communication Plan and other major communication initiatives.
- Raise questions about and discuss topics of interest in the community that improve opportunities for board communication and engagement.
- Be a trusted resource for recognizing areas of resistance that may be a barrier to improving board engagement and communication.
Meetings are held in the Board of Education Room, at the Blue Valley District Office, 15020 Metcalf Avenue, Overland Park, KS 66223, from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
2023 - 2024 SCHEDULE:
- September 5, 2023
- November 7, 2023
- January 9, 2024
- March 5, 2024
- May 7, 2024