Programming & Software Development
*** Course availability is based on enrollment and interest.
JCCC- Dual Degree Program
Junior and senior students can work toward earning their high school diploma and associate degree simultaneously through this partnership with Johnson County Community College (JCCC). The program provides students the opportunity to attend JCCC full-time, receive dual credit for their coursework and take an average of 15 credit hours each semester at no cost to the student. Students in this program will not be eligible for KSHSAA activities or athletics. Careful course selection and ongoing communication with counselors at both JCCC and the student’s home high school is necessary to ensure coursework is aligned to achieving these simultaneous credentials. JCCC entrance requirements must be met through achievement of required scores on the Accuplacer assessment or ACT scores for College Algebra (ACT Math score of 22 or higher) and Composition 1 (ACT English score of 19 or higher).
Students must meet the entrance requirements for College Algebra and Composition1:
- College Algebra - ACT Math Score of 22 or higher
- Composition 1 - ACT English Score of 19 or higher
Interested students should contact his/her school counselor to discuss this option and the benefits it can provide.
Additional information about this option including details on student expectations can be found on this document.
To learn more about the programs offered at JCCC, visit the JCCC website.
Related College Majors
- Computer and Information Systems Security
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Programming
- Computer Software Engineering
- Computer Systems Analysis/Analyst
- Architectural and Engineering Managers
- Computer and Information Research Scientists
- Computer Hardware Engineers
- Computer Network Architects
- Computer Network Support Specialists
- Computer Numerically Controlled Machine Tool Programmers, Metal and Plastic
- Computer Programmers
- Computer Science Teachers
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Database Administrators
- Engineering Teacher
- Information Security Analysts
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators
- Software Developers