Web & Digital Communications
*** Course availability is based on enrollment and interest.
JCCC- Dual Degree Program
Junior and senior students can work toward earning their high school diploma and associate degree simultaneously through this partnership with Johnson County Community College (JCCC). The program provides students the opportunity to attend JCCC full-time, receive dual credit for their coursework and take an average of 15 credit hours each semester at no cost to the student. Students in this program will not be eligible for KSHSAA activities or athletics. Careful course selection and ongoing communication with counselors at both JCCC and the student’s home high school is necessary to ensure coursework is aligned to achieving these simultaneous credentials. JCCC entrance requirements must be met through achievement of required scores on the Accuplacer assessment or ACT scores for College Algebra (ACT Math score of 22 or higher) and Composition 1 (ACT English score of 19 or higher).
Students must meet the entrance requirements for College Algebra and Composition1:
- College Algebra - ACT Math Score of 22 or higher
- Composition 1 - ACT English Score of 19 or higher
Interested students should contact his/her school counselor to discuss this option and the benefits it can provide.
Additional information about this option including details on student expectations can be found on this document.
To learn more about the programs offered at JCCC, visit the JCCC website.
Related Clubs and Activities
- Technology Student Association
Related College Majors
- Art History, Criticism and Conservation
- Audiovisual Communications Technologies/Technicians
- Computer Graphics
- Design and Visual Communications
- Film/Video & Photographic Arts
- Fine/Studio Arts
- Museology/Museum Studies
- Agents and Business Managers of Artists, Performers, and Athletes
- Art, Drama, and Music Teachers
- Artists and Related Workers
- Broadcast Technicians
- Camera Operators, Television, Video, and Motion Picture
- Commercial and Industrial Designers
- Computer Programmers
- Craft Artists
- Film and Video Editors
- Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators
- Graphic Designers
- Multimedia Artists and Animators
- Set and Exhibit Designers
- Technical Directors/Managers