*** Course availability is based on enrollment and interest.
JCCC- Dual Degree Program
Junior and senior students can work toward earning their high school diploma and associate degree simultaneously through this partnership with Johnson County Community College (JCCC). The program provides students the opportunity to attend JCCC full-time, receive dual credit for their coursework and take an average of 15 credit hours each semester at no cost to the student. Students in this program will not be eligible for KSHSAA activities or athletics. Careful course selection and ongoing communication with counselors at both JCCC and the student’s home high school is necessary to ensure coursework is aligned to achieving these simultaneous credentials. JCCC entrance requirements must be met through achievement of required scores on the Accuplacer assessment or ACT scores for College Algebra (ACT Math score of 22 or higher) and Composition 1 (ACT English score of 19 or higher).
Students must meet the entrance requirements for College Algebra and Composition1:
- College Algebra - ACT Math Score of 22 or higher
- Composition 1 - ACT English Score of 19 or higher
Interested students should contact his/her school counselor to discuss this option and the benefits it can provide.
Additional information about this option including details on student expectations can be found on this document.
To learn more about the programs offered at JCCC, visit the JCCC website.
Related College Majors
- Broadcast Journalism
- Communication Studies/Speech Communication and Rhetoric
- Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs
- Digital Communication and Media/Multimedia
- Journalism, Other
- Mass Communication/Media Studies
- Radio and Television
- Recording Arts Technology/Technician
- Audio and Video Equipment Technicians
- Broadcast News Analysts
- Broadcast Technicians
- Camera Operators, Television, Video, and Motion Picture
- Communications Teachers, Postsecondary
- Copy Writers
- Directors- Stage, Motion Pictures, Television, and Radio
- Film and Video Editors
- Media and Communication Workers
- Producers and Directors
- Program Directors
- Public Address System and Other Announcers
- Public Relations Specialists
- Radio and Television Announcers
- Reporters and Correspondents
- Sound Engineering Technicians
- Talent Directors
- Technical Directors/Managers
- Technical Writers
- Writers and Authors