Auvigne's 4th Grade Update
Friday, February 21, 2014
Celebrating 10 years...
Honoring the Past, Celebrating the Present,
Looking to the Future
We had a great time at Lanesfield one-room schoolhouse this week! Thank you to the Take Stock in CHE program for funding this wonderful experience.
Tuesday, February 25th, is our next early dismissal day. We will have another early dismissal the following Tuesday, March 4th.
Mark your calendars for our upcoming school carnival, CHE Meets the Wild West, on March 8 from 4:00pm-7:00pm.
Be sure to check the Upcoming Events section below to see a full listing of activities.
Have a wonderful extended weekend!
Next Week's Learning Targets
The Student will learn to:
Reading: Unit 4: Patterns in the Sky
- identify text structure of a specific sentence, paragraph, or entire text.
- ask and answer questions while reading.
- use knowledge of prefixes that mean when to understand the meaning of a word or phrases.
- demonstrate understanding synonyms, analogies, and classifying words when reading for word meaning.
- correctly use and understand comparatives and superlatives, subject & object pronouns, contractions, and possessive pronouns in reading and writing.
- identify and use comparatives and superlatives in writing.
- identify and use ellipses and em dashes in writing.
Writing: Science Fiction
- recognize and use a problem & solution text structure while writing.
- use descriptive words while writing a science fiction story.
- use proper sequencing and transition words & phrases in a science fiction writing.
- use an ominous or dark tone of voice in a science fiction writing.
Math: Topic 10 - Developing Fluency: Dividing by One Digit Divisors
use repeated subtraction to model division. (10-1)
record division as repeated subtraction (10-2)
use place value to understand the algorithm of long division. (10-3)
use the standard algorithm to divide a two-digit number by a one-digit number. (10-4)
use the standard algorithm to divide 3-digit numbers by 1-digit numbers. (10-5)
use the standard algorithm to divide 3-digit numbers by 1-digit numbers and properly decide where to begin dividing. (10-6)
estimate and find quotients for 4-digit dividends and 1-digit divisors. (10-7)
identify the hidden question in a multi-step problem and use the answer to solve the original problem. (10-8)
Science: Landforms, Weather, and the Water Cycle
- describe changes in the earth and water.
- observe and describe erosion.
- understand the process of the water cycle.
- identify appropriate weather tools.
- describe daily changes in temperature.
Week 23 Homework
- CCSS Skills Review #23
- Practice Math Facts 5 minutes per night
- Online Assignment - Safeshare Video & Edmodo post
- Read 20+ minutes per night
- Science: Weather
- Tuesday, February 25 - Early Dismissal
- Thursday, Feb. 27 - Winter Kickball League 3:40-4:30
- Monday, March 3 - Lunch Theme, Dr. Seuss's Birthday
- Tuesday, March 4 - Chat N Chew, 4th & 5th grade
- Tuesday, March 4 - Early Dismissal 2:00pm
- Wednesday, March 5 - Winter Kickball League 3:40-4:30pm
- Wednesday, March 5 - Papa John's Pizza Night
- Wednesday, March 5 - Chat N Chew - 3rd Grade
- Thursday, March 6 - PTO 101 Meeting - dining room 9:00-10:15am
- Saturday, March 8 - CHE Carnival
- Wednesday, March 12 - Winter Kickball League
- Thursday, March 13 - Sunday, March 23 - SPRING BREAK
- Monday, March 24 - School Resumes
Next Week's Special's Schedule
Monday - Day 5: Spanish/PE
Tuesday - Day 1: Spanish/PE
Wednesday - Day 2: Music
Thursday - Day 3: Art
Friday - Day 4: Computers
Monthly Book Orders
I will send Scholastic Book Club flyers home each month. If you would like to order books, you can do so one of the following two ways:
- send the order form back in with a check
- click the link below to order online with our class code - FZPKM
I will close out each order on the 15th of each month and the books should arrive about a week later. Thank you!