Auvigne's 4th Grade Update
Friday, January 4, 2013
Learners Today, Leaders Tomorrow,
Cheetah Champions Forever...
Happy New Year!! We are ready for a great start to 2013. I want to thank all of you for all of your kindness and support this year. I love the gift card basket! You are all so thoughtful and generous! Thank you so much!
Thank you for helping us welcome David this week. He moved here from California over the break.
Don't forget Chat and Chew on Wednesday, January 9th.
All parents are invited to attend the State of Cedar Hills Address on Thursday, Jan. 10 at 6:30pm. The event will cover a wide range of topics including school safety, enrollment growth, school initiative, common core and more.
Papa Johns PTO Eat and Earn Night January 9th.
Study Den, the after school study club, is offered on Mondays and Thursdays. This is an opportunity for students to receive assistance on school work, prepare for tests, or work on Study Island.
Our strings days and times are Mondays at 2:50 PM and on Wednesdays at 11:20 AM. If your child is involved in this program, they will not be missing out on instructional time :)
Next Week's Learning Targets
The Student will learn to:
ELA (English Language Arts): Unit 3: A Nation's Beginning
- make generalizations by using text evidence and drawing inferences from the text.
- demonstrate understanding of connotation and denotation in word meanings.
- use knowledge of prefixes that tell when to read accurately unfamiliar words in context and out of context.
- use and understand reference materials.
Math: Products and Factors
- use arrays and repeated addition and subtraction to represent and solve multiplication and division problems.
- identify factors and multiples of any number 1-100.
- state the rule of a function table.
- find the missing value of a function table.
- find the rule and solve real-world problems with function.
- solves one- and two-step real-world problems using multiplication and division.
Science: Earth Materials
- collect and organize data.
- describe and record properties of minerals
- observe and describe the physical properties of rocks.
This week's homework is due on Friday, January 11th.
- Math Practice #15
- Practice Math Facts 5 minutes per night
- Dr. Samuel Lee Kountz Jr., Kidney Specialist
- Read 20 minutes per night
- Unit 4 Week 2 Spelling List
- Reading - Summarizing Text
- Math - Number Sentences
Next Week's Special's Schedule
Monday - Day 4: Spanish/Music
Tuesday - Day 5: Pe/Spanish
Wednesday - Day 1: PE/Music
Thursday - Day 2: Computers
Friday - Day3: Art
Monthly Book Orders
I will send Scholastic Book Club flyers home each month. If you would like to order books, you can do so one of the following two ways:
- send the order form back in with a check
- click the link below to order online with our class code - FZPKM
I will close out each order at the end of each month and the books should arrive about a week later. Thank you!