Auvigne's 4th Grade Update
Friday, January 11, 2013
Learners Today, Leaders Tomorrow,
Cheetah Champions Forever...
We are excited to let you know the February parent-teacher conferences are right around the corner. The electronic sign up will open on Saturday, January 19th. In my next week's newsletter, you will find additional information regarding the sign up process. I look forward to meeting with you.
I have uploaded a letter from our student teacher, Ms. Schleicher . Please take a moment to read more about her.
Be sure to check out our upcoming events on the classroom calendar.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Study Den, the after school study club, is offered on Mondays and Thursdays. This is an opportunity for students to receive assistance on school work, prepare for tests, or work on Study Island.
Our strings days and times are Mondays at 2:50 PM and on Wednesdays at 11:20 AM. If your child is involved in this program, they will not be missing out on instructional time :)
Next Week's Learning Targets
The Student will learn to:
ELA (English Language Arts): Unit 3: A Nation's Beginning
- make generalizations by using text evidence and drawing inferences from the text.
- demonstrate understanding of connotation and denotation in word meanings.
- use context as a clue to the meaning of a word or phrase.
- use knowledge of prefixes that tell when to read accurately unfamiliar words in context and out of context.
- use knowledge of inflected endings -s and -es to read accurately unfamiliar words in context and out of context.
- use and understand reference materials, encyclopedias, and almanacs.
Math: Products and Factors
- use arrays and repeated addition and subtraction to represent and solve multiplication and division problems.
- identify factors and multiples of any number 1-100.
- state the rule of a function table.
- find the missing value of a function table.
- find the rule and solve real-world problems with function.
- solves one- and two-step real-world problems using multiplication and division.
Science: Earth Materials
- collect and organize data.
- describe and record properties of minerals
- observe and describe the physical properties of rocks.
Science: Magnets and electricity
- understand and show that all magnets have poles.
- understand and show that like poles of magnets repel and unlike poles attract.
- understand and show magnets can attract things through solids, liquids, or gases.
This week's homework is due on Friday, January 11th.
- Math Practice #16
- Practice Math Facts 5 minutes per night
- William Cosby
- Read 20 minutes per night
- Unit 4 Week 3 Spelling List
- Science - Earth Processes
- Math - Reading and Writing Decimals
Next Week's Special's Schedule
Monday - Day 4: Spanish/Music
Tuesday - Day 5: Pe/Spanish
Wednesday - Day 1: PE/Music
Thursday - Day 2: Computers
Friday - Day3: Art
Monthly Book Orders
I will send Scholastic Book Club flyers home each month. If you would like to order books, you can do so one of the following two ways:
- send the order form back in with a check
- click the link below to order online with our class code - FZPKM
I will close out each order at the end of each month and the books should arrive about a week later. Thank you!