Auvigne's 4th Grade Update
Friday, September 21, 2012
Learners Today, Leaders Tomorrow,
Cheetah Champions Forever...
Mid- term progress reports were sent home today. Please look this over, and sign and return it by Friday, Sept. 28th.
Please return the Lanesfield permission slip and lunch form by Monday, September 24th. Thanks! Also, if you are a parent volunteer and you would like to order a lunch, let me know and I will send an extra one home.
Wednesday, Sept 26 is CHE Sonic Night, tips for our parent carhops come back to the PTO - thanks to those parents who volunteer to be servers!
Friday, September 28th is a 1/2 day of school, we dismiss at 11:45 AM. This is also Cheetah Fun Day at Incredibowl, from 1-3 PM.
Friday, September 28 is also a CHE spirit wear day!
Again, this year we will be using an electronic parent-teacher conference sign up format. The sign up process will begin on Saturday, September 29. Directions can be found in the E-Update.
Have a wonderful weekend!
4th and 5th Grade KC Kids' Marathon: It's time for this year's KC Kids' Marathon! Participants will log 25 miles of walking/jogging/running on their own, and finish the final 1.2 miles on October 20th at Crown Center from 11-1. They will receive an official marathon certificate, t-shirt, finisher's medal, and free food and drink. If your child is interested in the event AND you are available on October 20th, please sign up using the following link: www.mysignup.com/chekidsmarathon . This event is FREE and a great opportunity to run a "marathon" at such a young age! Please see Coach Miller's webpage to read more about this event: www.bluevalleyk12.org/CHE/armiller
Study Den, the after school study club began on Thursday, September 20th for grades 1-5. This is an opportunity for students to receive assistance on school work, prepare for tests or work on Study Island.
Our strings days and times are listed below, if your child is involved in this program, they will not be missing out on instructional time :)
Mondays: 2:50 PM
Wednesdays: 11:20 AM
LEAD 21: Mr. Marsh is going to be adding a new feature in the parent E-Update regarding LEAD 21. For the next several months, a special highlight of the program will be provided to parents. This week the feature is the LEAD 21 web page. Make sure to check it out!
The PowerPoint, handout, LEAD 21 PowerPoint, and other information are now up on the website. Go to our page, click on "Forms and Documents" and you will find the resources in the "Back to School Night" folder.
Next Week's Learning Targets
The Student will learn to:
ELA (English Language Arts): Unit 1: Life Stories
- analyze the structure of words by finding compound words, roots, prefixes, suffixes, and syllables.
- read grade-level text fluently and show comprehension through voice, timing, and expression.
- recognize and define common Greek and Latin affixes and roots (units of meaning).
- analyze how and why individuals, events, and ideas develop and interact over the course of a text.
- define and identify similies and metaphors within a text.
Math: Geometric Investigations
- calculate the perimeter and area of polygons.
- estimate and solve real-world problems involving perimeter and area
- recognize points, lines (intersecting, parallel, and perpendicular), line segments, and rays.
- identify acute, right, and obtuse angles.
- Describe changes in the earth and water.
- Observe and describe erosion.
This Week's Homework is due on Friday, September 28th.
- Weekly Math Skills Practice #5
- Practice Math Facts 5 minutes per night
- Data Unit Assessment, Monday, September 24th
- Thomas Jefferson and the Big Cheese
- Read 20 minutes per night
- Unit 1 Week 4 Spelling List
- Reading Pretest - Complete 30 questions individually in practice mode
Next Week's Special's Schedule
Monday -Day 1: PE/Music
Tuesday - Day 2: Computers
Wednesday - Day 3: Art
Thursday - Day 4: Spanish/Music
Friday - No Specials/Early Release 11:45am