Auvigne's 4th Grade Update
Friday, November 2, 2012
Learners Today, Leaders Tomorrow,
Cheetah Champions Forever...
Thanks to all of the parents who helped with the Halloween party!! We all enjoyed the day!
We will be visiting the Book Fair on Monday, November 5th at 2:00pm for a preview and again on Wednesday, November 7th at 2:00pm to purchase books.
Donuts for Dads is Friday, Nobember 9th, from 7:30-8:30.
I am still in need of 3 volunteers for the Wilderness Science Center. Please email me ASAP if you would bwe abailable to help us out on November 8th. There is more info on the trip in the Worth Repeating section.
Please bring a disposable sack lunch for our learning excursion on Thursday, November 8th. Also don't forget to check the weather and dress appropriately for 1/2 the day outside.
Eat and Earn Night at Papa John's is Wednesday, November 7th.
Early Dismissal is Novemberr 13th.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Next Week's Learning Targets
The Student will learn to:
ELA (English Language Arts): Unit 2: A Green Future
- refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
- demonstrate understanding of words by relating them to their opposites (antonyms) and to words with similar but not identical meanings (synonyms).
- identify and use noun suffixes in writing.
- recognize and explain the meaning of common idioms, adages, and proverbs.
- use combined knowledge of all letter-sound correspondences, syllabication patterns, and morphology (e.g., roots and affixes).
Math: Geometric Investigations
- calculate the perimeter and area of polygons.
- estimate and solve real-world problems involving perimeter and area
- recognize points, lines (intersecting, parallel, and perpendicular), line segments, and rays.
- identify acute, right, and obtuse angles.
Geometric Math Assessment on Wednesday, November 7th.
Math: Numbers and Number Operations
- identify and write four number sentences for a fact family.
- identify and use properties of multiplication and addition.
- identify the place value of a digit and name the value of a digit from the hundredths place through the hundred thousands place.
- identify and write numbers using numberals, words, models, and expanding notation.
- solve one- and two-step real-world problems.
Social Studies: Native Americans, Their Land, and Their Cultural Regions
- list seven Native American cultural regions.
- identify environmental factors that promoted cultural diversity among Native Americans.
- describe examples of cultural adaptations made by Native Americans.
- research and describe a Native American Tribe.
This Week's Homework is due on Friday, November 9th.
- Math Practice #10
- Practice Math Facts 5 minutes per night
- Senor Coyote
- Read 20 minutes per night
- Unit 3 Week 1
- Reading - Text Features
- Science - Collect and Interpret Data
Next Week's Special's Schedule
Monday - Day 2: Computers
Tuesday - Day 3: Art
Wednesday - Day 4: Spanish/Music
Thursday - Day 5: PE/Spanish
Friday -Day 1: PE/Music
Monthly Book Orders
I will send Scholastic Book Club flyers home each month. If you would like to order books, you can do so one of the following two ways:
- send the order form back in with a check
- click the link below to order online with our class code - FZPKM
I will close out each order at the end of each month and the books should arrive about a week later. Thank you!